Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: request: a use case for provenance

From: Robert Stevens
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: request: a use case for provenance
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:57:16 +0000

the only discussions I've had so far go like this:

1. the planner generates many workflows from a given load of data and a goal.
2. Another ontology has information about algorithms and other stuff from which some quality metrics might be used to rank these workflows 3. One idea is to use provenance about the actual run of a particular workflow to provide, for instance, information about timing etc.

So far, this is all I have; as Simon says Phong wil be here next week and be talking to Simon and I about some ontology stuff.

Robert.