nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Problems compiling CVS

From: Carl Drinkwater
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Problems compiling CVS
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:59:00 +0100

Hi David,

Thanks for that, it works a treat - I see what is happening with the IFHELP #define, not sure how I missed it yesterday!

FYI, I the versions of gcc I tested the build on ...

Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-937.2, based on gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1041, based on gcc version 3.1 20020105 (experimental)

With the patch, both compile successfully, but with the following warning ...

  /usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
  /sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
  /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset

The compiled 'nano' functions OK as far as I've found. Anyway, time to look through the source and start hacking at it!

Thanks again for the patch ...

Regards,
Carl.