nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] documentation updates patch

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] documentation updates patch
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:46:44 -0700 (PDT)

>On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 08:17:08PM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>> I've also forward-ported the --disable-wrapping-as-root
>> option from 1.0.9, in case it's decided that it should go
>> in nano 1.1.
>>
>> http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanowraproot-patch.txt
>
>Thanks.

No problem.

>I haven't tried the patch yet, but I wonder what happens if:
>
>packager compiles using --d-w-a-r and ships a global nanorc with
>wrapping enabled. Will root not wrap regardless what this global
>configuration says? If so, how could one reverse this? Using "unset" in
>~root/.nanorc?

I've updated it so that, if you're root and --d-w-a-r is used,
/etc/nanorc won't override the "no-wrap" setting, but ~/nanorc will (and
added comments explaining how it's done, as it was a bit tricky to get
right).  I also made sure that the two chunks of code are not included
if wrapping is disabled.  The old version would turn wrapping off
unconditionally if you were root and --d-w-a-r was used.  It seems to
work so far, but it probably needs a bit more testing.

In other news, I've made a minor update to nanodocs.patch; if wrapping
is disabled, "nowrap" is no longer included in the long options
structure.

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanodocs-patch.txt

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag