nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:46:09 -0800 (PST)

Mike Frysinger:

<snip>

>only addition that would be nice is that when you get the prompt that
>says 'replace this occurence' it highlights the space at the end of the
>line

I'll look into it, but I want to make sure that all the infinite loops
associated with them are actually fixed first (since nanodollar.patch
only fixes one of them, and not well).

<snip>

>on the subject of input behavior ... ;)

>when i use ctrl + arrow keys (specifically up/down) in nano-1.2.x it
>would just move up and down ... now in 1.3.x it prints out stuff ...
>i like being able to hold ctrl while navigating because it makes
>associated operations much faster ...
>for example, hold ctrl and hit k, then down, then k, then down, etc...
>to delete every other line ...

In 1.2.x, were you using the --keypad option or not?

On mine, 1.2.2 always prints out stuff when I press Ctrl-[arrow key].
Out of curiosity, does using the --keypad option in nano 1.2.2 change
anything on your box?  It doesn't on mine, but as the Delete problem
demonstrated, I apparently don't quite have the same terminal type.

> Does the attached patch have any effect on the problem?

>a quick test shows the backspace key to be working correctly again in
>the statusbar input prompt

Good.