nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates: UTF-8 support almost done, etc.

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates: UTF-8 support almost done, etc.
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:05:35 +0100

Hi David!

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 02:37:23PM -0500, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> No, I'm not dead.  I've just been busy, mostly with the UTF-8 support,
> which still is needed for the following:

I've built HEAD with ncursesw5 and it mostly works ok. The german guy
who is testing it for Ubuntu, notes that some German umlauts don't work
ok: try to input a Ü character and see what you get.

It is nearly there, though.

> * As you could probably tell from my last email, merged an apparent fix
> for nano's continuing to run and eating up all unused CPU when the
> terminal it's running in dies unexpectedly.

I guess this could be a nice patch to backport in 1.2.x. Do you have the
actual patch somewhere so I can apply in Debian sarge?

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/