nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Impending 1.3 feature freeze...

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Impending 1.3 feature freeze...
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:30:35 -0400

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:01:09PM -0400, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> Comments?  Thanks in advance.

Have you considered bumping the version to 2.0 once stabilized?  The
code has come a long way under your stewardship and except for
rebindable keys, I can't see much bigger changes short of a total
rewrite which would warrant a major version change.  Also, this is going
to sound stupid, but things like Meta-W changing to Meta-L (which some
people use all the time and personally drives me crazy) would be
something that people wouldn't expect to change 1.2 -> 1.4, but may be
expected for a 1.2 -> 2.0 change.  Just something to consider.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v3sw7CUPhw5ln6pr5Pck4ma7u7LFw0m6g/l7Di5e6t5Ab6THen7g6Ma29s5r3p7 hackerkey.com