nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Soft line wrapping is in SVN

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] Soft line wrapping is in SVN
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:05:52 -0400

I apologize for not yet implementing the writable-check-on-file-open
code just yet, but the allure of having extra flags to throw around
made me revisit the soft-line wrapping request, i.e. the one reason I
still exit nano and fire up vi on occasion.  A basic (naive) version
is now in subversion, and if anyone is interested I can put up a test
tarball.

One thing which notably does not work is pasting soft-wrapped lines,
i.e. they paste as if they were hard wrapped, which IMO is not the
Right Thing.  I haven't yet been able to determine how other editors
like vim get away with this, as I have tried declaring the edit window
to be longer than COLS (text is just truncated). and just pasting the
whole n>COLS characters of text into the window, which just leads to
display issues.

if anyone happens to know the answer I'd be grateful, as teh google
was not helpful in divining it.

Chris A