nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Syntax Highlighting for AT&T assembly

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Syntax Highlighting for AT&T assembly
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:15:59 -0500

On Wednesday, February 09, 2011 21:46:26 Eitan Adler wrote:
> > there is already an asm.nanorc that handles .s files.  you cant have more
> > than one match.
>
> Ah - I didn't even notice that file because I run with my own nanorc
> file. This version has support for a different syntax of assembly.

that file matches GNU assembly files.  AT&T syntax isnt really all that
different.  you could simply add your additional directives to the existing
file, as well as some of the general stuff (like strings/numbers/comments).

your file though isnt just AT&T syntax.  you also add random x86 insns and
registers.  i dont think we want to go down that road as then every other arch
will want us to add their stuff too.

> Perhaps one could match .asm and one could match .s?

not really
-mike