nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Tab copy and paste?

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Tab copy and paste?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 05:33:38 -0500

Agreed, I was about to say I was having issues with this until I
actually was able to acually copy the data with the raw tabs using the
output of grep:
$ egrep "^ <control-V><tab>" nano.c

and was able to paste in without issue.  Joshua, if you're sure you
have the tabs in the buffer, you can always insert it without nano
having any chance to interpret what you're typing such that you wont
even get to see it):
^R^X
cat
<paste>
^C

that should preserve everything except literal ^Cs (and ^Ds I imagine
:-)) in your input