nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:45:33 -0700

On 4/23/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can't find anything going wrong.  And it seems to me you haven't just
> fixed the paste-undo things, but everything related to undoing/redoing cut
> and uncut.  Great!

yeah, I hope to have fixed all of it.   I think there is a problem
remaining though, in certain cases the cutbuffer is being wiped clean
after an undo or redo.  It doesn't always need to be unloaded and a
user will be unhappy that the buffer was lost.

>> I plugged a mem leak in rcfile.c too.
>
> Two even, if I'm not mistaken.  I'll apply those separately from the
> undo/redo fixes.  But... shouldn't this globfree() be outside of the if,
> shouldn't it be freed also when the condition of the if is false?

No, the flags given to glob() don't include APPEND so glob() will free
it first if it returns other than 0.  Doesn't appear that it would be
a problem to always call it either.  Your call.