nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Proposal: Change how nano navigates softwrapped lines

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Proposal: Change how nano navigates softwrapped lines
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 13:14:21 -0600

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Are you proposing that <Ctrl+Up> and <Ctrl+Down> work differently
> in softwrap mode?  I wouldn't want to do that.  Those keystrokes
> should continue to jump to a nonblank-line-after-a-blank-line.

Not at all.  They should stay as they are.  I merely meant that they
move to locations close to the home and end of the current line (well,
when paragraphs end with blank lines).

> <Home> and <End> could work like in KWrite: go to the left and
> right margin; but when already there, then to the head and tail
> of the real, logical line.

Sounds good to me.

Also, there's one last tricky bit in softwrapped smart home mode.  If
the indent at the beginning of the actual line takes up more than one
softwrapped line, having smart home only work on the first softwrapped
line isn't quite enough.  I figure that, for consistency, smart home
should work on any line containing the indent or part of the indent.
That is, on a given actual line, smart home should work if you're
anywhere between the first virtual line and the virtual line that the
indent ends on.