nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 23:05:30 -0600

Argh.  I've just noted that a simplification I made to fix_edittop_x()
shouldn't be working when multicolumn characters on screen, and yet it
does.  This led to my looking into it more, and...

The good news: I've finally figured out where I'm muddling columns and
x-coordinates (for example, edittop_x is actually a column, and should
really be called edittop_leftedge, to use your terminology).  This also
leads to some simplification when moving up and down: going from
xplustabs() to actual_x() is unnecessary.  (do_home() and do_end() now
use leftedge_x and rightedge_x, properly passed through actual_x() and
named as such since they actually have to compare with x-coordinates.)

The bad news: this means that I'll have to update the patch set yet
again.  Do you want to bother with reviewing the bits in version 2a that
you didn't get to in version 1, or should I just send version 2b?

Again, sorry for the mess.