nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [Patch] syntax: update Python keywords

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [Patch] syntax: update Python keywords
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:44:09 +0100

Op 10-12-17 om 08:52 schreef Ben Mintz:
Ok, my squashed patch is attached. I removed the (IMO helpful) bit about being
able to find the keywords in `keyword.kwlist`.

I've added it to the commit message.

I don't know if making the two lines into four counts as "only [changing] the two lines that need to be changed",

Well, I wanted you to modify just the two existing lines, but...
as the result of your patch looks so neat, I've kept it.

Pushed as commit fbac4505.  Thanks for the update.

but I'm only following the GNU style guide, which says that lines should be
kept to 79 characters or shorter.

We don't always follow that.  See some of the other syntax files.
One reason is: less but longer regexes are "cheaper" than more
but shorter ones.

And in the commit message, please add a Signed-off-by tag. (See README.GIT.)

I'm not sure what you mean. I read README.GIT, and it said to include a Signed-off-by tag, so I included one. Please re-read the patch.

Ah.  I skimmed it too quickly.  The smiley made me think the text
was part of the email, not of the patch.

Benno