nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Future of incremental search

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Future of incremental search
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:20:52 +0100

Op 15-02-18 om 13:27 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
Incremental search has been very commented on the past few days but
I'm still not sure what still has to be done.

I suggest that we start a new thread to come to terms with what
exactly is missing so I (since I'm interested in having this feature)
can implement it.

Well, we disagree on how it should work when the user types something
that cannot be found.  You don't seem to have an opinion on this either.
The least you could do is tell us how you would prefer incremental search
to behave when the last part of the typed string cannot be found.

Also, you haven't answered my earlier question: what does it bring that
you cannot do with a normal search?  Why do you want this feature?

Benno