nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Ability to navigate lints even when not in lint m

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Ability to navigate lints even when not in lint mode
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 23:05:12 -0700

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 13:03:33 -0200
Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita <address@hidden> wrote:

> For testing purposes only, I'm sending my implementation of lint
> navigation without lint mode.

You didn't add support for escape sequences.

  URxvt.keysym.C-M-Page_Up: \033[5;7~
  URxvt.keysym.C-M-Page_Down: \033[6;7~

When the linter is open, prev_lint() and next_lint() should be bound and go to
prev/next lint. This is complicated though because user binds would need to be
done for the main and linter menus.

It might be better to have a single "resumelinter" key that re-opens the linter
on the lint it was closed at. You wouldn't need to worry about binding the new
keys in the linter, and you can use the normal linter keys to navigate.

But there is a bigger issue. The lint positions will be off if you exit the
linter, edit some code and then resume or jump to the next lint. Simple changes
will only throw off any lints on the changed line. But adding or removing lines
will throw off all lints below those lines.

Unrelated to this patch, but the linter should beep like the other menus do
when an unbound key is pressed. The "unbound key" message could also be
displayed but it would need a timeout similar to the "at first/last message"
messages.