Re: [Nel] re: Boost library

From: Olivier Lejade
Subject: Re: [Nel] re: Boost library
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:15:31 +0100

At 06:54 PM 1/4/01 +0100, you wrote:
I think there is a misunderstanding. They exclude GPL and LGPL for
library SUBMITTED. They want more of a BSD kind I think.

Yes, this is what I noticed afterwards. :P
Hence my "maybe not" post.
Anyways, thanks for the clarification and now that the license issue is cleared, rest assured we'll pay closer attentions to the libs.

I don't want to force you to use anything from boost, I just would want you
to dismiss it for bad reasons.

Arg, it wasn't my intent !
At first reading I just thought there was licensing compatibilities issues that prevented the use of the libs for GPL/LGP programs. My bad: I was wrong. But it sure would be nice to incorporate Boost stuff if we can !
Actually, Cyrille (3D Lead) went to school with one of the Boost guys... :)