Re: [Nel] Announce: NeL 0.1 is officially out

From: Valignat Cedric
Subject: Re: [Nel] Announce: NeL 0.1 is officially out
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:26:13 +0100

Hi David,

David Mentre wrote:

> It is maybe not your job, but if people are unable to start, they will
> never give you a feedback (code, bugs, ...).

I'm one of the guys who was at the origin of that decision.

It's not a problem about our job or not, it's more about the fact
that you will never get from us a better support on these libraries
installation that you could get from the guys who are working
on them ... even if i know that it is pretty troublesome to look
for informations on several place about several libraries just to
install NeL :-)

And if their installation instructions aren't up to date or incomplete,
that's will be nice to contact them to fix that. I'm sure that a lot a
people (mainly user as you are, but not necessarily NeL users :-) will
appreciate the help ... as we will ;-)

Anyway, we are going to write a small document explaining the basic
installation instructions for these libraries, but you should not
rely on that document to resolve all your installation problems.

In case of troubles, you should look carefully at the README,
the INSTALL files, and on the the files placed in the directory named
doc(s) in the librarie file source tree, and do not forget there web
sites, mailling lists, etc ... ;-)

Cedric.