Re: [Nel] Max 4 plugin and some questions

From: Anatoly Sennov
Subject: Re: [Nel] Max 4 plugin and some questions
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:26:26 +0400

Hello Cyril,

> Good work, i know that compiling NeL plugins for 3dsmax 4 is a big
challenge
> :-).
> Not that in general, the NeL team add include and lib directories in the
> visual pathes,
> not in the DSP files.

I've got a habit to not touch the 'directories' tab - the changes there will
affect all projects you have on machine and it's easy to come to situation
where different developers will have different compile environments for the
same project. DSPs are under CVS control, so we always know where our
includes and libs come from.

> Ok, give me some times to make a complete reply to your post with some max
> exemples.

I'll be waiting :-)

> You must know that we have an internal plugin, a modified version of
> discreet editpatch, in which
> we "paint" the landscape textures, colors and displacement textures. We
> can't distribute this plugin
> for licenses reason. You should contact Robert Bjarnason from InOrbit. He
> has started to write
> an ingame painter for the NeL landscape.
> He has made a post about this project in the list some weeks ago.

Thanks, I'll try to contact him. For now, however, I'd prefer the 3ds plugin
for landscape texturing, so artist might stay in the same environment all
the way. I'll try to investigate what could be done.

--AS