Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux ... trying to load landscape

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux ... trying to load landscape
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:20:00 +0100

 > You're running into a bug that was previously reported, but you're the
 > first one to reach it with NeL compiled in debug mode (I didn't have
 > enough HD space !). We run the demo by commenting the faulty line, but
 > we never actually managed to find out the real bug in there ... It seems
 > that this bug does not appear under Win32, so we're not sure if it's a
 > STL bug or something more subtle. Sorry, no more info :)

        Intersting. Commenting out the

        ++itLM

        that is in scene.cpp is an horrible hack ;-). When I do that
it loops forever. I'm somewhat confused: you say that you run the demo
by commenting the faulty line. Is it under GNU/Linux ? If not why did
you have to comment the line if the bug does not show ? If yes how did
you figure out which line to comment ?

        I'd be interested to know what STL version you're using. From the
recent posts on the list it appears that STL-4.5 would do the job. But
I'm using STL-4.0 as instructed by the README/INSTALL files.

        Cheers,