Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux viewport fix

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux viewport fix
Date: 19 Feb 2002 16:08:34 +0100

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 11:26, Loic Dachary wrote:
>       Wouldn't SDL help a lot here ?

It could. However NeL needs very few glue code with the OS, SDL has a
minimal OpenGL support (was added late, SDL primary purpose is direct
frame buffer access, doesn't deal with extensions for instance), and
comes with its own event and setup mechanism. I guess taking
'inspiration' from such a lib would be a good idea ... However SDL was
used by Loki for most ports, so it has a good track record.

I'm maintaining a list of GL toolkits here :
  http://ngl.sourceforge.net/links.php

(Yes, I also have such a lib - NGL - which is bound to be released, but
is a much broader framework, shouldn't fit NeL)