Re: [Nel] // better questions on zone_lighter.exe //

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] // better questions on zone_lighter.exe //
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:17:23 +0100

Hi there,

It looks like some cfg files have not been updated with the new
build_process features. Sorry for this.

I have updated the build_gamedata/cfg/properties_*.cfg files. Now it works
fine. The values in it are used in Ryzom, so they are "real life tested".

In the last build process, you should have the cfg/properties_draft.cfg and
cfg/properties_final.cfg files. "properties.cfg" file is not in the CVS
anymore.
properties_draft.cfg and properties_final.cfg are two config files that set
the values to use in DRAFT mode and FINAL mode.
The build mode is set in the "cfg/site.cfg" variable "build_quality".
Once the site.cfg is filled, run build_gamedata/0_setup.bat and it will
generate the cfg/properties.cfg file.
Then, your "cfg/properties.cfg" file should be ok.

After the zone/3_build.bat process, you should get the zone_welded/*.zonew
files but also the zone_depend/*.depend files generated for each .zone file
presents in zone_exported/ .

The depend files are text files that give for a zone the zones that can cast
shadows on it. It is used by the zone_lighter.

The reason the .depend are not generated is the zone_region parameter in the
cfg/config.cfg file is not setuped correctly.

zone_region = 2_aa, 50_dd

The variable gives the two zone names of the bounding box of your world.
Here, the world goes from zone 2_aa to 50_dd.

Once depend files have been generated, the lighter works fine.

If your are in trouble with this, ask for more.

Hld.