netftpserver-general

[Net::FTPServer] Out of Memory problems.

From: McDougall, Marshall (FSH)
Subject: [Net::FTPServer] Out of Memory problems.
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:57:31 -0600

I am running NET-FTPServer V1.120, as an xinetd process, on RH ES2.1 on a dual P4 with 4 GB of ram and 260 GB of disk.  When I connect to the ftp server, I can login but as soon as I attempt to do anything it posts the following error and disconnects.

Out of memory during request for 92 bytes, total sbrk() is 17891328 bytes!
Out of memory during request for 300 bytes, total sbrk() is 17891328 bytes!
Out of memory during request for 41 bytes, total sbrk() is 17891328 bytes!
Out of memory during request for 88 bytes, total sbrk() is 17891328 bytes!
Connection closed by remote host.

It is a vanilla install.  There is nothing being logged to /var/log/ftpd.errors.  Google says these messages are perl problems, but I really don't know where to look for the solution.  Any assistance/guidance appreciated.

Regards, Marshall