nethack-el-devel

Re: [Nethack-el-devel] problem with chatting

From: Faux_Pseudo
Subject: Re: [Nethack-el-devel] problem with chatting
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:09:23 -0500

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 12:59:37AM -0500, Shawn Betts wrote:
> Ryan Yeske <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Faux_Pseudo <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> I am in the wizards quest.  I try to chat and the whole thing locks up
> >> and I have to kill emacs and restart it.  But same thing happens.
> >> I can load nethack-el by it self and issue the chat command but when
> >> it asks me in which direction I say "up" because that is where the
> >> person is and it says "they won't hear you up there".  Until I talk to
> >> her I can't go down the stairs.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Did you ever resolve this?  I talked to sabetts (who is off email it
> > seems) and he said he has never had this problem (he has twice
> > ascended using nethack-el recently).  Maybe update your sources?
> >
> > Sorry for the late (and pretty much useless) reply.
>
> I actually did have this problem I believe. I just didn't realize
> it. It's the same bug that happens when you hit : to look at a list of
> shit on the ground. emacs freezes but you can hit C-g and it'll unfreeze.
>
> I never bothered fixing it. Uh ya. Ryan'll fix it though. right Ryan?

There is another bug that irks me.  At times doing an 'i'nventory or
when it brings up an inventory of un-id'ed items the whole thing
bottems out, emacs and all.  A simple restart gets you back where you
where but sometimes this causes waist of an ID scroll or spell.  Doing
so again will cause the same result.  So when I ID stuff I have to
dump any non-crucial inventory before attempting an ID in order to
avoid waisting the scroll.

--
  .-'))       fauxascii.com        ('-.  | It's a damn poor mind that
 ' ..-  .:" )               ( ":.  -.. ' | can only think of one way to