netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] compiling source leads to "problems" with game dat

From: Derek Arndt
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] compiling source leads to "problems" with game data
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:32:07 -0500

On Oct 22, 2003, at 5:07 PM, Matze Braun wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Derek Arndt wrote:

Mac OS 10.3, GCC 3.3.

I built physfs straight from CVS.

Oh, BTW....I believe in short time you can announce an OS X version
available for Mac users :)
Ah, you're using Mac. This explains your problems. netpanzer unfortunately
is little endian only at the moment. It'll be some effort to fix this I
assume.
Netpanzers original coders, often used the trick of just loading chunks of
data into c++ structs. Just search the code for __attribute__((packed))
and you'll find the problematic structs. All the code dealing with these
structs has to be changed to deal correctly with big-endian machines...

Do you know off-hand where I can find the loading routine that sticks the data from the file into these structs? I'm hoping I can just change the endianness to whatever is native (bid-endian in my case).

Wouldn't I have to modify then how Physfs is loading the data in then?

Thanks...hopefully I can get this code rolling and make some progress toward my targeted audience,
Derek

Greetings,
        Matze