Re: [Nmh-workers] unseen sequence after inc into initially-empty folder

From: Glenn Burkhardt
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] unseen sequence after inc into initially-empty folder
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:29:47 -0400

> I took a look at the new inc.c using the online cvs browser.  I
> suspect that the fix there is insufficient.  I think I went through
> the same mistake when I first tried implementing it.  I believe it is
> incomplete because it does not update mp->lowmsg and
> mp->hghmsg.. which are sometimes used in other functions during the
> inc'ing process (if I remember correctly.. there will be a particular
> problem when incing more than 100 messages at a time).

Could you please supply an example set of emails where it breaks?

I'm not entirely familiar with this section of the code, and it seemed that the
whole handling of the data in 'mp' was complicated, and used by several layers
of code.  The problem area for 'nummmsg' was in 'seq_read()', but I'll have to
check my notes.