Re: [Nmh-workers] Holiday hacking project: nmh?

From: Norman Shapiro
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Holiday hacking project: nmh?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:20:07 -0700

Jerry Peek <address@hidden> writes:
>I've used MH and nmh for 23 years now.

I, for a few more.

> I use a lot of its capabilities, things that other email programs don't do or
> don't do well.  I'm sad to see how little momemtum the nmh project has these
> days, and I'm wondering if I'll eventually have to switch to another system
> that has more up-to-date capabilities.

The problem is that that there is nothing out there that comes close.
I, for one, am effectively stuck with a virtually static piece of software.
A quarter century of habits, procedures and scripts would all have
to all be replaced were I forced to switch to an inferior email system.

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue
    Palo Alto CA 94306-3109
    (650) 565-8215