[Nmh-workers] Re: exciting new stuff for 2.0

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Re: exciting new stuff for 2.0
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:53:24 -0800

Harald Geyer <address@hidden> writes:

>> So what exactly are the plans for 2.0?
>
> I think the more important question is: Which of the various plans that
> people have, need a major effort before the can be released and which
> things can drip in as they get done? For the later i think Jon's
> approach of "Do whatever you like to see!" is just the right thing.

That will be the reality too ;-). The thing is to get the ideas out
there and get people excited to do them.

>> Here are some things I'd like to see, in increasing order of complexity:

All excellent.

> Would this really be useful? I think to pick one thread but sort it
> by Date rather than as tree is much more natural for ML discussions.

Some threads spawn sub-threads. You might be interested in some
sub-threads but not others.

MH-E does threading, so if such a feature were added to nmh, we could
(eventually) take out our support. We've also added indexing, which
could be added to nmh. I'm trying to think of more MH-E features we've
added that could well be in nmh, but I'm drawing a blank. Need coffee.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD