Re: [Nmh-workers] [NEWBIE]: fetchmail/procmail and inc

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] [NEWBIE]: fetchmail/procmail and inc
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:36:14 +1100

> On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 07:49:16 +1100, Joel Reicher said:
> > I don't understand why you would want to; it means you can't use procmail
> > to sort messages into different folders.
>
> Odd.  I get about 900 pieces of e-mail via fetchmail/procmail a day, sorted
> into several dozen different folders.  Seems to work quite well.

My reply was to the following comment from Xavier:

"Fetchmail is used to retrieve my mails. It then passes them to
procmail which stores them into my mail spool."

It's possible I misunderstood what was meant by "mail spool", but I
read it to mean the maildrop, in which case Xavier would be using
the maildrop as a temporary space after procmail but before
inc.

I was wanting to imply that using procmail to store into folders directly
or via rcvstore is a better idea, because then you *can* sort into
different folders.

Cheers,

        - Joel