Re: [Nmh-workers] cleaning out the cobwebs

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] cleaning out the cobwebs
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 14:09:53 -0400

>It's also long overdue to clean
>up the SMTP client code to bring it into line with the current port
>587 submission regime.

That code has pretty much been done (18 months ago).  At least the part
that lets you set a different port to use, which was the bulk of the code.
We might have some protocol stuff to clean up, but I've been using this
code for a while now.

A brief looking at RFC 4409 ... nothing leaps out at me in terms of
protocol issues that we have.