Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.4 build failures on RHEL/CentOS 5

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.4 build failures on RHEL/CentOS 5
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 11:34:15 -0500

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 11:16:20 EST, David Levine said:

> I'm not sure how best to handle this with configure.  It'd
> be easy to print a warning message.  I doubt that would be
> very effective, but maybe it's good enough.  Or it'd be easy
> to exit 1, but then a user might end up chasing one missing
> lib at a time.

Doing an exit 1 and letting the user install stuff one at a time seems
to be the de-facto standard among other packages. I'd rather do that
than chase through a zillion lines of configure output, install the 7
packages it said I needed, and then be *really* mystified because
I manage to miss the eighth one...