[Nmh-workers] Are we ready for 1.5?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Are we ready for 1.5?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:31:27 -0400

So, I just committed a test suite for the post command to test out all of
the new stuff I've been working on.  BTW, David Levine deserves a big
shout-out for all of the hard work he's been doing on the test suite!

So, given the recent changes to post and the fact that they're actually
being tested, I now realize that's the last item on my medium-term
to-do list.  Well, back in December it was just listed as "packaging
and Autoconf/Automake cleanup", but it kinda morphed along the way.  And
I still need to get rid of all of the code and documentation about
the draft_from option.

So I guess what I'm asking is ... does anyone else think that there is
something that should be in 1.5?  Note that these suggestions should either
be a) simple or b) come with an offer to write the code :-).  I know
Paul Vixie wants to kill m_getfld() and I can't really blame him, but
I don't think that's going to happen for this release unless Lyndon has
a private branch that he hasn't told us about :-)

If there is nothing else, I am thinking of starting the 1.5 release cycle
in week or so.  At that point I'll start putting release candidates up
on savannah, so if you've been holding off trying out the new stuff
because you didn't want to mess with git or you were concerned that
nmh was moving too fast, that would be the time to give it a go!