Re: [Nmh-workers] mhmail

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhmail
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:54:39 -0400

> mts=/usr/local/nmh/etc/mts.conf    #depends on installation
> sed < $mts >| /tmp/mts.conf -e '/^servers:/s/:.*/: localhost/'
> MHMTSCONF=/tmp/mts.conf mhmail norm -from norm -subject "$1"

I'm wondering ... do you really think these gyrations are appropriate
for mhmail?

Back in "the day", needing to change the server used by post and friends
was very rare, so putting it all in mts.conf was reasonable.  But now
we have alternate ports and changing servers is more common (it occurs
to me that there's no way of specifying an alternate port via mts.conf
for email submission).  We also have options for SASL and TLS, which are
also not configurable via mts.conf (although maybe they should be?).

So I'm actually thinking that maybe it makes sense to have mhmail
pass through various post options (kinda like what "send" does now).