Re: [Nmh-workers] mhmail

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhmail
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:05:58 -0700

David Levine <address@hidden> writes:
>Norm wrote:
>
>> Suppose I want to do something like:
>>
>> mts=/usr/local/nmh/etc/mts.conf    #depends on installation
>> sed < $mts >| /tmp/mts.conf -e '/^servers:/s/:.*/: localhost/'
>> MHMTSCONF=/tmp/mts.conf mhmail norm -from norm -subject "$1"
>>
>> But replacing /usr/local/nmh/etc/mts.conf with the location of mts.conf.
>> Is there some way a script can know the location of nmh's etc directory?
>
>`mhparam etcdir`

OK. I will use it. Thank you.

But without you to hold my hands, how could I have known that?
It's not in the mhparam man page, In fact, share/doc/nmh/README.manpages and
bin/mhparam are the only files anywhere in the nmh-1.5 hierarchy in which
the string "etcdir" occurs. Also 'mhparam -all | grep etc' shows nothing.

>To save a few cycles and file creation, I'd create a
>mts-localhost.conf ... in  etcdir or my Path dir, `mhpath +`.

Wouldn't I then have to remember to rebuild mts-localhost.conf every time
I installed a new version of nmh lest mts.conf include a new component?