Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware filtering?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware filtering?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:34:23 -0400

>nmh tools ignore non-numeric filenames, doesn't it?

To answer that question more specifically ... it will ignore any filename
that fails m_atoi(), which will reject anything that contains something
that is !isdigit().

>A possible way to solve the access to MIME parts problem
>might be to store the parts as messageNumber.partNumber*
>Creation of these parts would be optional, and eat space,
>but it would make indexing/grepping easy.

You know ... given that & Norm's comments, that actually might work.
Thoughts?  FWIW, in my view that really only helps with the use of
non-nmh tools, but it still might make it worth doing.