Re: [Nmh-workers] new nmh broken?

From: jon
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] new nmh broken?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:57:13 -0700

Ken Hornstein writes:
> >I have a slightly modified version that removes the default Fcc stuff that
> >was
> >added some time ago and drives me crazy as I don't want that.
>
> So, yeah, that's the reason.  I don't think there was ever a chance we
> could ever hope to modify user's components files in a sane manner.  The
> default ones shipped with nmh work.
>
> I kinda thought the error message you got was ... obvious?  And told
> you what you needed to look at?  What would have helped?
>
> --Ken

This was obvious to someone paying attention to the guts of nmh.  Which I
haven't been recently.  A more user-friendly diagnostic might be:

        Your components files are not compatible with this version of nmh.
        You have modified them so we were unable to automatically update them.
        You need to go to /etc/nmh and merge in the changes to the components,
        forwcomps, replcomps, and replgroupcomps files.  If you're in a hurry
        you can add a From: header to this message so that it can be sent.

Jon