Re: [Nmh-workers] Attaching graphics files

From: rader
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Attaching graphics files
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 00:38:53 -0500

 > >But how do I attach a .png file, for example, b.png?
 > >or a  .jpg file,  for example, c.jpg?
 >
 > Those are all under image; image/png and image/jpeg are the MIME types you
 > are interested in.  If you use "attach" at the WhatNow? prompt, it already
 > knows what to do with those filename extensions.
 >
 > Depending on the recipient, it may make sense to add an appropriate
 > Content-Disposition header.  You can do that with the extended
 > mhbuild syntax like this:
 >
 > #image/jpeg <>{attachment} c.jpeg

Norm - To get from the ".png" file extension to "#image/png" for comp et al
do...

  grep png /etc/mime.types

...assuming you have "mailcap" installed.

Also, it may be easier to just remember...

  #image/png [b.png] b.png

There was a time when this form (generating Content-Description instead of
IIRC) but that's been 5, 10 years ago.

There is also a simpler way: you can just type "attach SoundShot.tgz" at
the Whatnow prompt, but you have to these mysterious settings in
~/.mh_profile...

  send: -attach X-MH-Attach -attachformat 1
  whatnow: -attach X-MH-Attach

Ken - Do you have some specific reason for generating "Content-Disposition:
attachment"?
I never done that and nobody's ever complained, not that that means a whole
lot, I
suppose.

steve