Re: [Nmh-workers] Email access while traveling?

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Email access while traveling?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 22:23:37 +0200

You wrote:

> What do you people do in such circumstances?

I simply do ssh from my phone. I have a Nokia N900 which has a hardware
keyboard and even comes with an xterm application. With Android, you
should be able to get a terminal and ssh client. You might also want
to put an alias in .ssh/config so e.g. ssh h will ssh to home. I also
have aliases to keep MH commands short - h for scan, n for next, a plain
number to show a message etc.

You can also put putty on a memory stick for use from Windows PCs.

I would sooner install something like ajaxterm and a web server than
run IMAP or squirrelmail or something.

Oliver