Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:20:24 -0500

>Irix is still a thing.  However, I suspect that the number of
>people who are still running Irix *and* would want to update
>software on it is pretty close to zero.  Probably same is
>true for HP-UX.

I would have agreed with you on that ... except we had Kevin Costgrove
wanting to update to nmh 1.5 on HP-UX (not that there's anything
wrong with that).

>Are there any platforms we can agree "not worth going out
>of our way to support anymore"?  (Makes me wish that stuff
>like the libdir/libexec issue was answerable via the various
>auto-ambush build tools so it would be a non-issue for us).

Well, in one sense putting it under autoconf does solve it.  If you wish
to simply install the backend programs in $(libdir), it's very easy to
do so.  It's also easy for packagers to do this as well.