Re: [Nmh-workers] Relative Message Numbers

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Relative Message Numbers
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:08:38 +0100

Hi Paul,

> as a convenience feature when typing negative offsets, "foo:-n" and
> "foo=-n" can be entered as "foo::n" and "foo==n" respectively.

I dislike this.  Must be my preference for Python's `one way to do it'
over Perl's `there must still be one more way we haven't added yet'.
:-)  `-' doesn't need Shift and fingers are used to typing it before a
digit or two.  I've happily got along with lp:-3 for years without
wishing for a shorter method, and double-tapping the same key isn't
particularly quick, unlike the rollover of `=-'.