Re: [Nmh-workers] Responding to calendar requests

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Responding to calendar requests
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:07:36 -0700

On 2013-04-24, at 8:36 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> But that's just the mechanics.  The mechanics aren't hard, if you use
> awk, perl, python, ruby, whatever.  What I'm really wondering about is
> the user interface issues.  In other words, is the user interface you're
> imaging something like this? (message 100 contains our message with the
> calendar entry):

Well, I was figuring you would probably want to save the invite as a reminder,
thus the save-to-file step.  Once it's in the file you can then do 'rsvp y|n
filename' where rsvp is the script that cracks the file picks out the return
address, and sends an appropriate yes/no reply message. Or have the script take
a message number and let it extract the invite attachment for you.

I can't image you receiving a message with more than one invite in it, so if
message 100 contains the invite, the rsvp script could accept a message number,
dig in to find the appropriate mime section, parse the reply address, and
compose/send an appropriate response.  E.g.  rsvp no 100.

And if you do think you might get more than one invite, extend the script to
accept sub-part identifiers:  rsvp yes 100.3

It might be a bit tedious to code up, but it's certainly not hard.

--lyndon