Re: [Nmh-workers] Renaming Nmh-Attachment to Attach

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Renaming Nmh-Attachment to Attach
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:07:33 -0800

Ken Hornstein writes:
> In preparation for making mhbuild run all of the time, I'd like to make
> the following changes:
>
> - Change the header name used by the attachment code from "Nmh-Attachment"
>   to "Attach".  I'm thinking people might want to add the header themselves,
>   and I don't see the value in the longer name.  Also, some compatibility
>   with mutt can't hurt.
>
> - Make it non-selectable.  The current options to pick the header name would
>   result in a warning being issued.  Next release after 1.6 they would be
>   removed.
>
> Objections?
>
> --Ken

I orginally made it settable because I had no knowledge of what other
custom headers are out there, especially things that people do with
scripts which is one of the strong features of nmh.  I don't care what
the default is but would like to have some way to avoid breaking other
stuff out there of which I'm unaware since not breaking things is part
of the nmh creed.