Re: [Nmh-workers] problem with mark zeroing out sequences

From: Jerrad Pierce
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] problem with mark zeroing out sequences
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:58:06 -0500

kh>Are you using 1.3 (ewww), 1.5, or post-1.5 for your nmh implementation?

1.5+dev pulled from master on Monday (2/24) morning

kh>Well, think about what's going on.  You're changing sequences in the
kh>middle of an operation which is changing sequences.  At a minimum you're
kh>going to be on the fringe of supported behavior.

But other than the explicit calls to mark and Previous-Sequence,
sequences oughn't be being touched...? And I thought commands were
meant to open, close, reread sequences as needed rather than keep
a long lock? This is add-hook from rcvstore, via slocal.

Might rcvstore be keeping a lock on the sequence file for too long?
It just occurred to me that what I previously thought was mime-add-hook
running slow is probably the script waiting for filelocks;
although `mhparam lockmethod` reports "none" (David says the last bit
is a bug he's looking into)

dl>> with "pseq: 30" instead of "cur:" The workaround is including the
dl>> sequence itself in the messages to add to the sequence i.e;
dl>> mark unseen $MSG -add -seq unseen -nozero

dl>I don't see why that would be necessary.

Don't I know it, but it works...