Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 08:24:37 -0400

david wrote:
 > part       text/plain                1270
 > > >right.  i've now verified that InitText() is never being called, which
 > > >would have initialized ct->c_termproc.  so that means an initialization
 > > >of ct->c_ctinitfnx is being missed.  and now i really _am_ lost.  :-)
 > >
 > > How did you verify that InitText() was never called?  I set a breakpoint
 > > for it and it is definitely being called for text parts, at least on the
 > > messages I tested.
 >
 > Same for me.  Your profile entry, Paul, looks like it works
 > properly for me.  I even inserted "tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'" in the
 > pipeline and it upper-cased the content.

i've done some more work, with gdb this time.  InitText is called
just fine -- sorry for that noise.

do you have -concat set?  the breakage is happening for me in
show_text, where buffer is set to either a display program ("%lless
%F") or not ("%l") based on concatsw.  i'm in the latter case, so
when i later get into parse_display_string, the "%l" is consumed, and
then there's nothing left of buffer to plug into ct->c_termproc.

having now given this all of 5 minutes of thought, i'd say that
the conditional in show_text should go away.  whether concatsw
is set or not, it should always be okay to run the user's charset
converter.

paul