Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:37:38 -0400

Paul F. wrote:

> david wrote:
>  >
>  > Same for me.  Your profile entry, Paul, looks like it works
>  > properly for me.  I even inserted "tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'" in the

tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'

> do you have -concat set?  the breakage is happening for me in
> show_text, where buffer is set to either a display program ("%lless
> %F") or not ("%l") based on concatsw.  i'm in the latter case, so
> when i later get into parse_display_string, the "%l" is consumed, and
> then there's nothing left of buffer to plug into ct->c_termproc.

The %l just changes internal state, it doesn't contain anything
that gets displayed.  And I thought the problem was that the
%s from your mhshow-charset profile entry in was begin dropped,
botching the display string.

> having now given this all of 5 minutes of thought, i'd say that
> the conditional in show_text should go away.  whether concatsw
> is set or not, it should always be okay to run the user's charset
> converter.

I had been testing without setting -noconcat.  -concat is the
default.  I just tried with -noconcat and get exactly the same
behavior.