Re: [Nmh-workers] new marker format broke test suite

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] new marker format broke test suite
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 14:05:09 -0400

ken wrote:
 > > >  %(metric(size))
 > > >
 > > > And that could be usable in scan formats and the like.  Not in love with
 > > > the function name, so other suggestions are welcome.
 > > >
 > > > If you're not up for coding that, I could get to it, but it might be
 > > > a few days before it would be done.
 > >
 > >i'll take a look at it.
 >
 > There are comments at the beginning of fmt_compile.c which explain the
 > basics, so if you want to tackle it before me that should get you started.
 > To give you an idea, the functable entry for my proposed %(metric) function
 > would look something like:
 >
 >       { "metric",     TF_EXPR,   FT_LS_METRIC,           0,  TFL_PUTS },

hmm.  referring to the comments in fmt_compile.h, i see that rather
than implementing a "modifies str" function, as above, i've done an
"outputs text" function, like so:

     { "metric",     TF_EXPR,   FT_METRIC,      0,              0 },

i guess i'm not sure why i'd choose one over the other.

paul

 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 57.0 degrees)