Re: [Nmh-workers] New mhbuild directives

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] New mhbuild directives
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 14:57:17 -0700

On May 14, 2014, at 19:41, David Levine <address@hidden> wrote:

> I, for one, would appreciate if nmh captured the knowledge that
> message/rfc822 parts should be sent inline to gmail.  I'm not
> sure how other than based on MIME type.  I don't send
> message/rfc822 often and would be fine with defaulting it to
> inline, but I don't know how others feel about that.

I don't see any reasonable way to do this on a per-recipient basis, but it
would be useful to provide a hook to allow the user to set a default
inline/attachment selection on a per-mimetype basis.

> Ken, when you first mentioned "a more generic mechanism", I was
> thinking along the lines of
> "mhbuild-disposition-<type>/<subtype>: inline" profile entries.

And with an 'mhbuild-disposition-type: foo' that sets default behaviour for the
type in the absence of an explicit type/subtype entry.

--lyndon