Re: [Nmh-workers] netbsd 7: test/mhbuild/test-attach failure

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] netbsd 7: test/mhbuild/test-attach failure
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 13:31:00 -0700

On Jul 4, 2014, at 11:23 AM, David Levine <address@hidden> wrote:

>> but now re-reading, i'm not sure i understand.  is diff's choking a
>> secondary effect, or is it the primary failure?
>
> My guess is that the problem is with the behavior of
> mhbuild, not diff.  diff is reporting a difference, which is
> all it does for binary files.  At this point, we don't know
> whether the difference is benign.

The nuls are not being base64 encoded in the message.  When diff tries to
compare the files it stumbles upon the line of bare nuls and bails out.

The underlying bug is that the nuls are not getting base64 encoded in the first
place.  I have no idea what's magic about netbsd that is causing this to be the
case.