Re: [Nmh-workers] netbsd 7: test/mhbuild/test-attach failure

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] netbsd 7: test/mhbuild/test-attach failure
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 20:36:46 -0400

lyndon wrote:

 > On Jul 4, 2014, at 11:23 AM, David Levine <address@hidden> wrote:
 >
 > >> but now re-reading, i'm not sure i understand.  is diff's choking a
 > >> secondary effect, or is it the primary failure?
 > >
 > > My guess is that the problem is with the behavior of
 > > mhbuild, not diff.  diff is reporting a difference, which is
 > > all it does for binary files.  At this point, we don't know
 > > whether the difference is benign.
 >
 > The nuls are not being base64 encoded in the message.  When diff
 > tries to compare the files it stumbles upon the line of bare nuls
 > and bails out.
 >
 > The underlying bug is that the nuls are not getting base64 encoded
 > in the first place.  I have no idea what's magic about netbsd that
 > is causing this to be the case.

i've succeeded in installing netbsd-current in a virtualbox VM, and
have built nmh.  while the system doesn't seem particularly stable --
loooong unexplained delays during tests (i'm talking minutes) before
completion -- the tests do all eventually finish successfully.  for
the instability, i'm inclined to suspect the virtualbox environment
and not netbsd, since VB is running at 100% CPU when these delays
occur.

i have a spare physical machine i can try an install on as well.  i
may do that just for clarity.

(i'm running the 0625141200Z netbsd-current build.)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 67.1 degrees)