Re: [Nmh-workers] I like neither green eggs and ham nor MIME

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] I like neither green eggs and ham nor MIME
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:59:35 -0400

>ASCII was good enough for my father and his father before him, and his father
>before him. The tablets that Moses brought down from Mount Sinai, were in
>ASCII, as were Newton's Principia, the Magna Carta, and the United States
>Declaration of Independence.

I hate to be pedantic (okay, I don't really), but wouldn't the Tablets
of Stone have been written in a Hebrew script, and thus could have not
been represented in ASCII?  My only question is, did they use ISO-8859-8
or Unicode?

Also, I do not think you could accurately represent the Principia without
some of the mathematical symbols available in Unicode.  I mean, it's hard
to do a² + b² = c², or √-1 = i, or explain that π goes to ∞ in just ASCII.

>MIME is a Communist, Fascist, Perverse, Papal, cabal work of the Devil, to
>undermine all that is good, holy, just and right.

Meh ... that ship has sailed.  I was able receive an Portable Document
Format™ file in email, add an electronc signature to it, and send it back
all without having to waste any paper.  So it's not all bad.