Re: [Nmh-workers] I like neither green eggs and ham nor MIME

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] I like neither green eggs and ham nor MIME
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:43:20 -0700

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:

> I hate to be pedantic (okay, I don't really), but wouldn't the Tablets
> of Stone have been written in a Hebrew script,

No. They were not. Before the advent of Mime, that came with the Tower of
Babel, all was was ASCII.

> Also, I do not think you could accurately represent the Principia without
> some of the mathematical symbols available in Unicode. I mean, it's hard to
> do a� + b� = c�,

If Pythogorous could get along with ASCII so could Netwton:

      The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs of a right triangle
      equals the area of the square on its hypotenuse

Newton did not know about limits. He was too smart to need them. Lesser genius
like Bolzano -> Cauchy invented them.

    Norman Shapiro